Michigan schedules satellite camp in Ohio
Jim Harbaugh has made enemies by invading on others’ territory.
So naturally, he’ll do the same with Michigan’s No. 1 enemy.
The Wolverines coaching staff will take part in a satellite camp at Warren G. Harding High School in Ohio on June 9:
— Doug Sangregorio (@DougSangregorio) May 4, 2016
Harbaugh’s satellite camp tour will make its way through the northeast part of the state, perhaps in an effort to better recruit in the state of Ohio. Four of the top six recruits in the 2017 class are already committed to Ohio State, but there are 15 four or five-star recruits in Ohio, not all of which have made commitments.
The Wolverines don’t have a 2017 recruit from Ohio yet, nor did they in their 2016 class. According to 247sports, Michigan only issued seven of Michigan’s 225 offers so far were to Ohio recruits.
Since he got to Columbus, Urban Meyer has all but roped off the state of Ohio for the state’s top recruits. He already has five 4 or 5-star recruits from Ohio in his top-rated 2017 class alone.
If Harbaugh has it his way, his Ohio camp will turn that around.
According to DetroitNews.com, here are Michigan’s scheduled camps:
- June 2 – Cedar Grove Camp at Maynard Jackson High, Atlanta
- June 4 – University of South Florida, Tampa
- June 5 – Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Va.
- June 6 – Bob Jones High, Madison, Ala.
- June 7 – Prattville High, Prattville, Ala.
- June 7 – South Alabama, Mobile
- June 8 – Pearl High, Pearl, Miss.
- June 9 – Warren Harding High, Warren, Ohio
- June 9-10 – Sound Mind Sound Body, Detroit
- June 12 – Baylor University, Waco, Texas
- June 15 – Pittsburg State, Pittsburg, Kansas (morning)
- June 15 – Midwest Elite Camp, Blue Springs (Missouri) South High School (evening)
- June 13 – Greenhill High, Addison, Texas (near Dallas)
- June 24 – Oceanside High, Oceanside, Calif.