Minnesota basketball unveils nonconference schedule for 2022-23 season
Minnesota basketball is entering its second season under head coach Ben Johnson. After a 13-17 mark during the 2021-22 campaign, the Golden Gophers will look for some growth in 2022-23.
Unfortunately, Minnesota has already lost a pair of pieces to season-ending injuries during offseason practices. Hopefully Kadyn Betts – a 3-star prospect who has reclassified to 2022 – helps soften those blows with some depth this year.
On Wednesday, Minnesota officially unveiled its nonconference slate. That schedule includes taking part in the Gavitt Games, playing in the SoCal Challenge and facing Virginia Tech in the B1G/ACC Challenge.
Here is the schedule:
- Nov. 2 – vs. St. Olaf (Exhibition)
- Nov. 7 – vs. Western Michigan
- Nov. 11 – vs. St. Francis
- Nov. 14 – vs. DePaul (Gavitt Games)
- Nov. 18 – vs. Central Michigan
- Nov. 21 – at California Baptist (SoCal Challenge)
- Nov. 23 – at SoCal Challenge TBA
- Nov. 28 – at Virginia Tech (B1G/ACC Challenge)
- Dec. 11 – vs. Mississippi State
- Dec. 14 – vs. Arkansas Pine Bluff
- Dec. 22 – vs. Chicago State
- Dec. 29 – vs. Alcorn State
— Minnesota Men’s Basketball (@GopherMBB) August 3, 2022