Minnesota game-by-game predictions: ESPN's FPI predicts Gophers' 2022 season
ESPN’s FPI is predicting every game on the college football schedule. In the B1G, that includes Minnesota where PJ Fleck is hoping to guide his team to even bigger heights after 9 wins and another bowl win in 2021.
Despite a couple of strong years recently, the Gophers have fallen short of a B1G West title. With a number of offensive returners – and a wide-open division – Minnesota will try to put together a run through the west in 2022.
Fortunately for the Gophers, the Football Power Index is predicting a hot start over the first month of the season. Minnesota is not expected to be in a tough game until a Sept. 24 trip to East Lansing vs. Michigan State.
Minnesota is also projected to win 8 games though road trips to Penn State, Nebraska and Wisconsin are expected to be tough contests. Here are the full game-by-game results from the FPI:
- Sept. 1 vs. New Mexico State — 98.4% chance of winning
- Sept. 10 vs. Western Illinois — 98.8% chance of winning
- Sept. 17 vs. Colorado — 83.4% chance of winning
- Sept. 24 at Michigan State — 25.5% chance of winning
- Oct. 1 vs. Purdue — 60.3% chance of winning
- Oct. 15 at Illinois — 69.8% chance of winning
- Oct. 22 at Penn State — 24.7% chance of winning
- Oct. 29 vs. Rutgers — 83.2% chance of winning
- Nov. 5 at Nebraska — 36.1% chance of winning
- Nov. 12 vs. Northwestern — 81.3% chance of winning
- Nov. 19 vs. Iowa — 57.4% chance of winning
- Nov. 26 at Wisconsin — 29.8% chance of winning