ESPN FPI predicts every game on Nebraska's schedule
If you believe ESPN’s Football Power Index (FPI), Nebraska’s 2020 season is going to be a rough one.
The Huskers enter Year 3 of the Scott Frost era in 2020, a unique one to say the least. With the B1G reinstating the season, each team will play nine games this season, with eight games being part of a regular season with the ninth contest schedule in Champions Week, set for Dec. 19.
Of the seven games that the FPI has predicted, the Huskers are favored in just two — a home game against Illinois and a road contest against Purdue. The season finale against Minnesota does not have a win percentage assigned at this time.
Nebraska finished the 2018 season with a 4-8 record and improved by one win in Frost’s second year, ending with a 5-7 mark. The Huskers were hoping to take a big leap this fall and become bowl eligible for the first time since 2016.
It’s going to be a tough test, as Nebraska plays five B1G teams that were ranked in the initial Associated Press Poll in 2020. It also drew the most difficult crossover schedule in the West, playing both Ohio State and Penn State.
Here’s how ESPN’s FPI is predicting every game on Nebraska’s schedule.
- Oct. 24: at Ohio State — 4.6% chance of victory
- Oct. 31: vs. Wisconsin — 12.5% chance of victory
- Nov. 7: at Northwestern — 34.5% chance of victory
- Nov. 14: vs. Penn State — 17.4% chance of victory
- Nov. 21: vs. Illinois — 66.4% chance of victory
- Nov. 28: at Iowa — 36.2% chance of victory
- Dec. 5: at Purdue — 59.1% chance of victory
- Dec. 12: vs. Minnesota — N/A