ESPN's FPI predicts every game on Nebraska's 2023 schedule
Nebraska kicks off its 2023 season on Thursday, August 31 against Minnesota for the $5 bits of broken chair trophy.
The Huskers are given just a 29.7% chance of coming out on top in Matt Rhule’s first game as head coach of Nebraska, per ESPN’s Football Power Index (FPI). The FPI predicts every game for the 2023 college football season, so we decided to take a look at Nebraska’s outlook for the upcoming year.
Here is Nebraska’s chance to win every game on its 2023 schedule, according to ESPN’s FPI:
- Aug. 31 at Minnesota: 29.7%
- Sept. 9 at Colorado: 68.7%
- Sept. 16 vs. Northern Illinois: 83.3%
- Sept. 23 vs. Louisiana Tech: 81.2%
- Sept. 30 vs. Michigan: 15.5%
- Oct. 6 at Illinois: 34.8%
- Oct. 21 vs. Northwestern: 66.3%
- Oct 28 vs. Purdue: 51.3%
- Nov. 4 at Michigan State: 27.1%
- Nov. 11 vs. Maryland: 51%
- Nov. 18 at Wisconsin: 22.3%
- Nov. 25 vs. Iowa: 44.1%
In addition, the Huskers are given a 2.4% chance to win the B1G West and just a .1% chance to win the B1G Championship. As you can see, the FPI labels the Huskers as favorites in 6 of their 12 regular season games this upcoming season.
Let’s see what Rhule and Co. can do.