Nebraska AD Bill Moos closes door on fall competitions, talks frustration with B1G decision
Despite reports that Nebraska might still look at playing a handful of football games in the fall, it’s not a possibility. Athletic director Bill Moos closed the door on that notion Thursday night.
On Sports Nightly, Moos said that, because the B1G has postponed the football season and not canceled, the Huskers are unable to pursue fall contests in 2020. It is “not permissible” for Nebraska to play in the fall and Moos said the athletic department “will be in compliance” with the B1G.
Sam McKewon of the Omaha World-Herald reported on Moos’s comments during the show.
Recently, it was reported by inforum.com that North Dakota State reached out to Nebraska regarding a fall matchup in Lincoln. Clearly, that won’t be happening now.
Moos says it is "not permissible" for Nebraska to play in the fall.
"We will be in compliance."
— Sam McKewon (@swmckewonOWH) August 13, 2020
Moos also explained the frustration that he, head coach Scott Frost, chancellor Ronnie Green and president Ted Carter experienced earlier this week following the B1G’s decision. Mostly, it seems Moos was upset that things unfolded so quickly after five months of planning.
“The process has taken five months, and then it all came to an end very quickly,” Moos said. “And that’s certainly very frustrating.”
Many B1G fans shared Moos’s frustrations on Tuesday. Last Wednesday, the B1G released its revised, 10-game, conference-only schedule for the 2020 fall season. There was plenty of flexibility built into the schedule, should the league need to delay.
Instead of moving the start date back, the B1G opted to postpone until spring.