ESPN FPI predicts every game on Ohio State's schedule
ESPN is expecting another undefeated regular season for Ohio State. Well, at least we believe that to be the case.
With the B1G opting back in on playing football this fall, ESPN’s Football Power Index (FPI) has predicted the win percentage for every game on the Buckeyes’ 2020 schedule — except one. And it’s a big one.
There is no prediction at this time for the season finale against Michigan. However, it is likely that Ohio State will be favored in the game at the end of the season, as the Bucks look to post their ninth-straight victory in the rivalry series with the Wolverines.
The FPI doesn’t expect Ohio State to see many challenges during the 2020 season. Only one of the seven matchups with a projected outcome gives the Buckeyes less than a 91% chance to win — the Halloween meeting against Penn State in State College. Outside of that, the Buckeyes are expected to cruise.
Below is how ESPN’s FPI projects every game on Ohio State’s schedule:
- Oct. 24: vs. Nebraska — 95.4% chance of victory
- Oct. 31: at Penn State — 72.1% chance of victory
- Nov. 7: vs. Rutgers — 98.4% chance of victory
- Nov. 14: at Maryland — 98.6% chance of victory
- Nov. 21: vs. Indiana — 91.4% chance of victory
- Nov. 28: at Illinois — 96.3% chance of victory
- Dec. 5: at Michigan State — 97.4% chance of victory
- Dec. 12: vs. Michigan — N/A