Ohio State is a team on the rise after Week 2!
The Buckeyes turned heads with a dominant shutout of Cincinnati over the weekend. Though Ohio State entered as favorites, some expected the game to be close for a while. Fortunately, the Buckeyes put that thought to bed very quickly.
Justin Fields, J.K. Dobbins, and company led an efficient offensive attack that turned into a 42-0 rout of the Bearcats. It also gave Ohio State a good bump in ESPN’s FPI.
The Buckeyes are still slotted at No. 8 on the FPI, but their win probability has risen considerably in two games. After Week 1, Ohio State was predicted to lose to Penn State and Michigan late in the season. Now, the Buckeyes are given a greater than 50% chance to win both of those games.
Here is the projected win probability for every remaining game on Ohio State’s schedule:
- Sept. 14 @ Indiana – 78.0%
- Sept. 21 vs Miami (OH) – 97.8%
- Sept. 28 @ Nebraska – 80.1%
- Oct. 5 vs Michigan State – 69.2%
- Oct. 18 @ Northwestern – 86.0%
- Oct. 26 vs Wisconsin – 62.9%
- Nov. 9 vs Maryland – 80.0%
- Nov. 16 @ Rutgers – 93.9%
- Nov. 23 vs Penn State – 56.3%
- Nov. 30 @ Michigan – 54.5%