Ryan Day has Ohio State rolling after kicking off B1G play with a bang.
In Week 3, the Buckeyes rolled into Bloomington and dominated Indiana to the tune of a 51-10 victory. It is true that the Hoosiers were missing quarterback Michael Penix Jr., but his absence likely had little to do with the final outcome. It was a complete performance with Ohio State recording a blocked punt and pick-six in addition to its work on offense.
Following the dominant showing to begin conference play, the Buckeyes saw a bump in their win probabilities on ESPN’s FPI. After notching their first conference win, Justin Fields and company are given at least a 68% chance to win every remaining game on the schedule. They are given an 80% or better win probability in six of the nine remaining games.
Here’s Ohio State’s win probability in every game the rest of the way, according to the FPI:
- Sept. 21 vs Miami (OH) – 98.9%
- Sept. 28 @ Nebraska – 84.0%
- Oct. 5 vs Michigan State – 81.8%
- Oct. 18 @ Northwestern – 91.7%
- Oct. 26 vs Wisconsin – 72.3%
- Nov. 9 vs Maryland – 91.1%
- Nov. 16 @ Rutgers – 96.7%
- Nov. 23 vs Penn State – 74.6%
- Nov. 30 @ Michigan – 68.7%