It's now been 3,000 days since Michigan last beat Ohio State in 'The Game'
Ohio State’s celebration is Michigan’s pain.
When the clock struck midnight and the calendar turned to February 12, 2020, that Wednesday was significant for both programs. It’s now been 3,000 days since Michigan last defeated Ohio State on the football field. According to Eleven Warriors, it’s the longest streak for the program in the history of the rivalry.
The Buckeyes have notched eight-straight victories over the Wolverines in the rivalry game. As if that wasn’t enough, Ohio State has won 15-of-16 and 17 of the last 19 games.
Michigan still has the record for the longest winning streak in the history of the rivalry, winning every game from 1901-1909 — a nine-game streak. A win for Ohio State next year would tie the streak and a win each of the next two seasons would surpass it.
Urban Meyer was around for seven of those wins, going a perfect 7-0 in the rivalry game. Ryan Day is 1-0 since taking over as head coach. Here’s a look at the final scores from the last eight games:
- 2012: Ohio State 26 Michigan 21
- 2013: Ohio State 42 Michigan 41
- 2014: Ohio State 42 Michigan 28
- 2015: Ohio State 42 Michigan 13
- 2016: Ohio State 30 Michigan 27 (2OT)
- 2017: Ohio State 31 Michigan 20
- 2018: Ohio State 62 Michigan 39
- 2019: Ohio State 56 Michigan 27