Ohio State, Alabama lead all programs for most players selected in 2021 NFL Draft
Ohio State and Alabama met in the final game of the 202o season, playing in the College Football Playoff National Championship Game. More than three months later, the two prestigious programs led the way in the NFL Draft.
Both the Buckeyes and Crimson Tide produced 10 draft picks this season, leading all college football programs in total selections. Alabama’s came a little earlier throughout the draft, while Ohio State had some players slip in the draft process.
Leading the way for Ohio State was quarterback Justin Fields, who was taken at No. 11 by the Chicago Bears. He was the team’s only first-round selection this year.
Here’s the complete list of Buckeyes selected in this year’s draft:
- No. 11: Justin Fields, QB — Chicago Bears
- No. 60: Pete Werner, LB — New Orleans Saints
- No. 62: Josh Myers, C — Green Bay Packers
- No. 86: Wyatt Davis, OG — Minnesota Vikings
- No. 88: Trey Sermon, RB — San Francisco 49ers
- No. 105: Baron Browning, LB — Denver Broncos
- No. 132: Tommy Togiai, DT — Cleveland Browns
- No. 145: Luke Farrell, TE — Jacksonville Jaguars
- No. 160: Shaun Wade, CB — Baltimore Ravens
- No. 239: Jonathon Cooper, DE — Denver Broncos
Ohio State produced more NFL Draft selections this year than any other B1G team. Second on the list was Michigan with eight.
Sports Betting in Big Ten Country
With the launch coming on January 1, 2023, Ohio sports betting is almost here.
FanDuel is now giving users a $100 bonus for Ohio pre-registration. Go pre-register now.