Ohio State announces football can begin voluntary workouts next week
Ohio State’s football players will be permitted to start voluntary workouts beginning next week. The school released a statement on Friday.
Buckeye football players can begin voluntary workouts on June 8 and will be permitted to return to the Woody Hayes Athletic Center. The workouts will begin one week after the NCAA’s moratorium on organized team activities came to an end.
21+ and present in OH. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER.CLAIM NOW!
BONUS BETSBET NOW!
Sports Betting in Big Ten Country
With the launch coming on January 1, 2023, Ohio sports betting apps are almost here. Pre-registration is now available at FanDuel Ohio for an extra $100 bonus. Learn more. Check out some of the best promotions available for bettors in Ohio.
21+ and present in OH. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER.
Along with the football team, members of other athletic programs will be allowed to start voluntary team workouts in the coming weeks, as well. Men’s and women’s basketball may begin on June 15 and men’s and women’s soccer teams, field hockey and women’s volleyball may start on June 22.
Before student-athletes at Ohio State are cleared to participate, they must complete the following protocols:
- A physical examination administered on campus by Ohio State team physicians and athletic trainers;
- Education through modules and videos to ensure an understanding of safe physical distancing practices;
- Additional education on wearing appropriate face coverings, transportation, hand hygiene and cleaning and disinfecting at home;
- COVID-19 testing and quarantine for 24 to 48 hours or until test results were available; and
- Viewing an online video walkthrough of the facility (WHAC only).
Several other B1G programs have released similar plans and models for the return of student-athletes.
Ohio State’s football season is scheduled to begin on Sept. 5 against Bowling Green.