Ohio State to play Oklahoma in primetime
As expected, one of the biggest games of the non-conference schedule will kick off in primetime.
Ohio State announced on Wednesday that the Buckeyes will face Oklahoma at 7:30 p.m. ET on Fox. The Sept. 17 showdown will feature two teams that could be in the top 10 to start the season.
The showdown is one of several headliner games scheduled for Week 3. Michigan State and Notre Dame will also kick off in primetime on Sept. 17. That matchup will be on NBC. That day will also feature Oregon vs. Nebraska, USC vs. Stanford and Alabama vs. Ole Miss.
With the announcement, the Buckeyes now have five primetime slots announced already for the 2016 season:
2016 Ohio State Football Schedule
- Sept. 3 – Bowling Green
- Sept. 10 – Tulsa
- Sept. 17 – at Oklahoma (7:30 p.m. EDT on FOX)
- Sept. 24 – Off
- Oct. 1 – Rutgers (12 Noon; TV TBA)
- Oct. 8 – Indiana
- Oct. 15 – at Wisconsin (8 p.m. EDT on ABC/ESPN/ESPN2)
- Oct. 22 – at Penn State (8 p.m. EDT on ABC/ESPN/ESPN2)
- Oct. 29 – Northwestern (5:30 p.m. EDT on ESPN/ESPN2)
- Nov. 5 – Nebraska (8 p.m. EDT on ABC/ESPN/ESPN2)
- Nov. 12 – at Maryland
- Nov. 19 – at Michigan State
- Nov. 26 – Michigan