Penn State basketball releases nonconference slate for 2022-23 season
Penn State basketball is entering Year 2 under head coach Micah Shrewsberry for the 2022-23 season. After a 14-17 record and 7 wins in conference play, Shrewsberry will look to improve the program and continue building moving forward.
Tuesday morning, the Nittany Lions announced the full nonconference schedule for the upcoming season. It includes matchups in the Gavitt Games, taking part in the Charleston Classic and a road contest for the B1G/ACC Challenge.
Here is the full nonconference schedule for 2022-23:
- Nov. 7 – vs. Winthrop
- Nov. 10 – vs. Loyola (MD)
- Nov. 14 – vs. Butler (Gavitt Games)
- Nov. 17 – vs. Furman (Charleston Classic)
- Nov. 18 – vs. Old Dominion/Virginia Tech (Charleston Classic)
- Nov. 20 – TBA (Charleston Classic)
- Nov. 25 – vs. LaFayette
- Nov. 29 – at Clemson (B1G/ACC Challenge)
- Dec. 18 – vs. Canisius
- Dec. 22 – vs. Quinnipiac
- Dec. 29 – vs. Delaware State
The Non-Con 🗓️👀
— Penn State Men’s Basketball (@PennStateMBB) August 9, 2022
Last season, the Nittany Lions went 7-4 in nonconference play as they tried to build momentum for the B1G slate. Hopefully the team is able to replicate another strong showing outside of the conference to begin Year 2 for Shrewsberry.