ESPN’s FPI predicted the result for Iowa’s 1st road game of the season against Rutgers in Week 4.

The FPI projected that Rutgers would be a slight underdog at home against Iowa on Saturday. The projection gave Iowa a 56.7% chance to win the game over Rutgers. As the underdog, Rutgers received a percentage of 43.3% to win the game.

Rutgers enters this game with a 3-0 record and will look to remain undefeated in the team’s 1st conference game of the season. In Week 3, Rutgers held off Temple in a 16-14 win in Philadelphia. It was a low scoring game that required the Scarlet Knights to pull through at the end.Ā Rutgers quarterback Evan Simon was limited to 52 passing yards against the Owls. He will need to have a better passing performance against an aggressive Iowa defense.

On the flip side, Iowa will look to replicate its performance from last week against Nevada. In the win, Iowa scored 27 points and held Nevada scoreless. Kaleb Johnson had 2 rushing touchdowns in the game and quarterback Spencer Petras passed for 175 yards and 1 touchdown.

This could be a competitive game between 2 defensive-minded teams. Iowa and Rutgers have only played 2 times and Iowa is 2-0 in those meetings. Iowa defeated Rutgers 30-0 in the last matchup in 2019.

Rutgers hosts Iowa on Saturday at 7 p.m. ET.