ESPN FPI predicts every game on Wisconsin's schedule
Wisconsin may have lost quite a bit of production from 2019’s B1G West championship team, but ESPN’s Football Power Index (FPI) still believes are the best team in the West.
Heading into the 2020 campaign, Wisconsin is predicted to win each of the seven first seven games on the schedule according to the FPI. The season finale against Iowa does not have a prediction at this time, though it’s safe to assume the Badgers would be favored in that contest, as well.
It’s particularly surprising considering the Badgers lose running back Jonathan Taylor and wide receiver Quintez Cephus. But because of Wisconsin’s dominant past, strong offensive line play and key players back on the defensive side of the football, the Badgers are the favorite to defend the B1G West title.
Not only are Paul Chryst and Co. favored in each game, they’re given a 77% or better chance to win each game on the schedule. That includes contests against ranked opponents like Michigan and Minnesota, as well.
Here’s a look at the prediction for Wisconsin from ESPN’s FPI for the 2020 season:
- Oct. 24: vs. Illinois — 93.9% chance of victory
- Oct. 31: at Nebraska — 87.5% chance of victory
- Nov. 7: vs. Purdue — 93.8% chance of victory
- Nov. 14: at Michigan — 77.5% chance of victory
- Nov. 21: at Northwestern — 81.5% chance of victory
- Nov. 28: vs. Minnesota — 86.6% chance of victory
- Dec. 5: vs. Indiana — 83.5% chance of victory
- Dec. 12: at Iowa — N/A