ESPN's FPI predicts every remaining game on Wisconsin's schedule
Wisconsin will look to improve to 2-1 when it hosts No. 12 Notre Dame on Sept. 25. Wisconsin is on a bye week in Week 3.
Wisconsin fell 16-10 vs. Penn State in the season opener and bounced back with a 34-7 victory vs. Eastern Michigan in Week 2.
Here’s how ESPN’s Football Power Index (FPI) is projecting the rest of Wisconsin’s schedule:
- Sept. 25 vs. Notre Dame: 53.9 percent
- Oct. 2 vs. Michigan: 51.5 percent
- Oct. 9 @ Illinois: 82.5 percent
- Oct. 16 vs. Army: 83.3 percent
- Oct. 23 at Purdue: 57.5 percent
- Oct. 30 vs. Iowa: 50.3 percent
- Nov. 6 at Rutgers: 61.0 percent
- Nov. 13 vs. Northwestern: 84.2 percent
- Nov. 20 vs. Nebraska: 70.1 percent
- Nov. 27 at Minnesota: 69.0 percent
Wisconsin was extremely run heavy at the beginning of the game vs. Eastern Michigan. Wisconsin rushed the ball 15 straight plays. Wisconsin coach Paul Chryst explained the approach.
“I think certainly want to come out and get it going or try to get it going. I thought guys were giving us the chance to call them again, and so that was part of it,” Chryst said via 247 Sports. “Obviously, if you’re running the ball then it does — a lot of the time it opens up other parts, and I thought it gave us some things today when you can do a good job of running the ball with consistency.”
Wisconsin’s matchup vs. Notre Dame will kick off at noon EST and will be televised on FOX.