The Badgers secured an impressive victory in Week 4, and that win vaulted Wisconsin in ESPN’s FPI.
Entering Week 5, Wisconsin checked it at No. 8 on the updated FPI rankings. The team leads the nation in Game Control and also boasts a top-five offense and defense in terms of efficiency.
After acing their first real test of the season and their first conference game, the Badgers are unquestionable favorites in the B1G West race. The strong showing against Michigan also has Wisconsin as a dark-horse candidate to make the College Football Playoff.
Moving forward, the FPI is pretty favorable with the projections for Paul Chryst’s squad. Wisconsin is currently favored by at least 70% in every game but one, and that lone game could be a B1G Championship Game preview against Ohio State.
Here’s the win probability for the Badgers the rest of the way, according to the FPI:
- Sept. 28 vs Northwestern – 95.0%
- Oct. 5 vs Kent State – 98.1%
- Oct. 12 vs Michigan State – 74.7%
- Oct. 19 @ Illinois – 94.4%
- Oct. 26 @ Ohio State – 24.8%
- Nov. 9 vs Iowa – 81.2%
- Nov. 16 @ Nebraska – 79.1%
- Nov. 23 vs Purdue – 94.9%
- Nov. 30 @ Minnesota – 83.3%