Wisconsin game-by-game results: ESPN's FPI predicts Badgers' 2022 season
ESPN’s FPI has updated projections and predictions for the 2022 college football season. That includes predicting the outcome of every game on Wisconsin’s schedule.
Despite a 9-win performance and bowl win last season, many felt the Badgers underperformed at times in 2021. Part of that was a lackluster showing by QB Graham Mertz and a slow start out of the gate to start the season.
Now, Wisconsin has a chance to flip the script in 2022. The Football Power Index is giving the Badgers great odds to get off to hot start before heading to Columbus to face Ohio State.
RELATED: B1G Championship odds for 2022
After the September schedule, Wisconsin will likely be in a tough battle for the B1G West throughout the middle part of the schedule. Here is what the FPI sees for each game in 2022:
- Sept. 3 vs Illinois State — 97.4% chance of winning
- Sept. 10 vs. Washington State — 88.8% chance of winning
- Sept. 17 vs. New Mexico State — 98.8% chance of winning
- Sept. 24 at Ohio State — 8% chance of winning
- Oct. 1 vs. Illinois — 86.4% chance of winning
- Oct. 8 at Northwestern — 79.3% chance of winning
- Oct. 15 at Michigan State — 37.4% chance of winning
- Oct. 22 vs. Purdue — 71.5% chance of winning
- Nov. 5 vs. Maryland — 71% chance of winning
- Nov. 12 at Iowa — 54.4% chance of winning
- Nov. 19 at Nebraska — 48.8% chance of winning
- Nov. 26 vs. Minnesota — 70.2% chance of winning