An updated look at the B1G underclassmen who have declared for the 2021 NFL Draft
With the college football season over, more players are starting to finalize their decisions to declare for this year’s NFL Draft.
Alabama quarterback Mac Jones was one of the latest players to declare today after his outstanding National Championship performance. He threw for 464 yards and five touchdown passes in a 52-24 win over Ohio State.
For Big Ten purposes though, there’s a ton of talented players that have already declared for the draft and that starts with Penn State’s Micah Parsons. He’s already being talked about as a top-five pick in the draft, which is expected as he totaled 109 tackles during the 2019 season with five sacks and four forced fumbles.
Buckeyes quarterback Justin Fields is also a consensus top-five pick (despite not being an underclassmen), and Northwestern’s Rashawn Slater could also find himself in the top five too.
Besides those players, here is the full list of Big Ten underclassmen who have declared, courtesy of 247Sports:
- Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota
- Shakur Brown, CB, Michigan State
- Nico Collins, WR, Michigan
- Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State
- Kendrick Green, OL, Illinois
- Jamar Johnson, DB, Indiana
- Jalen Mayfield, OL, Michigan
- Cameron McGrone, OL, Michigan
- Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue
- Greg Newsome II, DB, Northwestern
- Daviyon Nixon, DL, Iowa
- Jayson Oweh, DL, Penn State
- Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
- Rashawn Slater, OT, Northwestern
- Ambry Thomas, CB, Michigan
- Rachad Wildgoose Jr., DB, Wisconsin