Big Ten reveals 2023 preseason honors
The Big Ten Media Days are ongoing from Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.
As a part of the process, the league announced the annual preseason honors entering the football season. As usual, the B1G announced 5 preseason honors each for the East and West divisions as opposed to a full preseason All-B1G team.
Those honors included a pair of individual award winners from 2022 with Michigan’s Blake Corum and Ohio State’s Marvin Harrison Jr. earning preseason honors. Corum was the B1G’s Ameche-Dayne Running Back of the Year while Harrison was the Richter-Howard Receiver of the Year in 2022.
Michigan and Minnesota headlined the preseason honors with 2 players apiece nominated. The East selections did not include a single defensive player while the West selections included 3. The East selections included 2 QBs.
Here are the B1G’s full preseason honors:
- Taulia Tagovailoa, QB, Maryland
- Blake Corum, RB, Michigan
- J.J. McCarthy, QB, Michigan
- Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State
- Olumuyiwa Fashanu, OL, Penn State
- Jer’Zhan Newton, DL, Illinois
- Cooper DeJean, DB, Iowa
- Brevyn Spann-Ford, TE, Minnesota
- Tyler Nubin, DB, Minnesota
- Braelon Allen, RB, Wisconsin