ESPN's FPI predicts Illinois-Indiana contest in Week 1
ESPN’s FPI has predicted the outcome between Illinois and Indiana. Both teams will be looking for a much better season this time around.
Illinois finished the 2021 season 5-7, and went 4-5 against the B1G teams they played. The Fighting Illini are now led by Syracuse transfer Tommy DeVito at quarterback and has some returning players looking to build on what they did last year.
The Hoosiers had a bad taste left in their mouth last season after finishing 2-10, with an 0-9 conference record. Tom Allen hasn’t named a starting QB yet, but stated that he has made a decision and will wait to announce it until the Illinois game.
Indiana won the last meeting between these 2 schools 24-14 back in 2017. The Hoosiers are once again favored in this year’s matchup, according to the Football Power Index. Indiana has a 52.7% chance to beat Illinois. The Fighting Illini are given a 47.3% chance to win on the other hand.
The game will take place this Friday at 8 p.m. ET on FS1.