Here are the B1G statistical leaders after Week 8 of the 2020 season
The Big Ten’s regular season is over, but there’s one week left of conference action still to play before bowl season begins.
Offensively, there’s been no change in the top three in passing, rushing or receiving leaders from last week.
Justin Fields, Michael Penix. Jr and Taulia Tagovailoa were all out of action due to injury or COVID-19 cancelation. The same goes for receivers Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave and David Bell, whose games were canceled for Week 8.
All three of the rushing leaders played this weekend, but there was no change in the order. Jake Funk managed to close the gap on Mohamed Ibrahim with his 180-yard performance vs. Rutgers.
Defensively, the only major change came with the sack leaders. Iowa’s Chancey Golston vaulted from outside the top four to tied for first with his performance against Wisconsin over the weekend. The tackling and interceptions leaderboards remain unchanged from last week.
Here’s the full list of league leaders after Week 8:
Passing leaders (yards per game)
- QB Justin Fields, Ohio State: 281.4
- QB Michael Penix Jr., Indiana: 274.2
- QB Taulia Tagovailoa, Maryland, 252.8
Rushing leaders (yards per game)
- RB Mohamed Ibrahim, Minnesota: 154.17
- RB Jake Funk, Maryland: 129
- RB Tyler Goodson, Iowa, 95.25
Receiving leaders (yards per game)
- WR Garrett Wilson, Ohio State: 114.4
- WR Chris Olave, Ohio State: 105.6
- WR David Bell, Purdue: 104.2
- LB Olakunle Fatukasi, Rutgers: 99
- LB Nick Niemann, Iowa: 77
- LB Antjuan Simmons, Michigan State: 75
T-1. Daviyon Nixon, Iowa: 5.5
T-1. Chauncey Golston, Iowa: 5.5
T-2. DL Owen Carney Jr., Illinois: 5
T-2. LB Micah McFadden, Indiana: 5
T-1. DB Brandon Joseph, Northwestern: 5
T-1. DB Shakur Brown, Michigan State: 5
T-3. DB Jaylin Williams, Indiana: 4
T-3. DB Jamar Johnson, Indiana: 4